Canterbury Provincial Ordinances
5. The Public Hospital Ordinance 1859
1. A portion of Hagley Park to be set apart for a Public Hospital.
2. Creation of Governing Body.
3. Governors to make Regulations, By-Laws, &c.
4. Appoinment and duties of Treasurer.
5. Admission of persons in need of charitable aid.
6. Appointment of new Governors, in case of death, resignation, or otherwise.
This Ordinance was passed by the Canterbury Provincial Council on the 20th October 1859, and assented to by the Superintendent on 4th November. It was repealed by the Christchurch Hospital Ordinance, 1862, passed during Session XIX, which was, in turn, repealed by the Christchurch Hospital Ordinance, 1863, passed during the next Session of the Provincial Council.
The full text of this Ordinance was not included in the Volume of
Ordinances published by Charles Lucas, the Official Printer of the